Quinoa Mug cake
Who doesn't like chocolate cake? We bring a healthy twist to the usual chocolate cake by adding quinoa to it.
1 tbsp True Elements chia seeds
30 grams cocoa powder
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp True Elements honey
Chocolate sauce (optional)
2 tbsp True Elements Berries Mix
Directions(For qty, refer to the ingredients section)
- In a medium saucepan, add water. Once the water boils, add quinoa & cook for 10 minutes. quinoa should get soft.
- Drain the cooked quinoa properly and keep it aside.
- Take this quinoa in a pan. Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook undisturbed for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, switch off the flame. Mix the quinoa gently with a fork. Let it cool completely.
- Mash the banana. Now, mix all the ingredients into a large microwave-safe mug.
- Place the mug in the oven and microwave for 30 seconds. Let sit for 10 seconds & microwave again for another 15 seconds. Wait again for 10 seconds and then microwave until the cake starts to expand past the mug.
- Remove from the oven and transfer the cake onto a plate. Garnish using any chocolate sauce, and berries mix.