Quinoa Puran Poli
Most fitness freaks love Quinoa and trying to add quinoa in almost any food item is possible. Presenting Quinoa Puran Poli by using a mix of Oats Powder and Atta to make the dough. Quinoa after cooking gives a nice bite. Adding nuts powder and saffron to the Puran is optional. Go ahead and enjoy this festive delicacy, but keep it as a festive delicacy and do not gorge on it, it is to be enjoyed only during the festive season. This highly nutritious sweet can be enjoyed by all age groups.
1/4 cup Quinoa
1 tbsp Jaggery
Directions (For qty, refer to the ingredients section)
- Soak the chana dal for 1/2 hour and pressure cook it with minimal water.
- After its cooked drain any excess water.
- In a Pan take 1 tbsp ghee and add the cooked chana dal.
- Mix in and add the jaggery.
- Once the Jaggery melts cook for a further 3 mins and add the cooked Quinoa.
- Let this mixture cook till its dry and thick.
- Let cool completely and keep this in the fridge for an hour.
- Stuff in regular Roti Atta and cook on a Hot Tawa, Slather Ghee and eat with Coconut Milk / Warm Milk.