Quinoa Puran Poli
Most of the fitness freaks love Quinoa and trying to add this in almost anything possible and with the onset of Holi, this seems a healthy way to start this year's festivities. Presenting Quinoa Puran Poli. By the way, we are on a mission to get healthy this year and I'm going to rock it, for sure. When I mentioned that I'm making Quinoa Puran Polis, my friend suggested using a mix of Oats Powder and Atta to make the dough. I did not try this for the Puran Poli but I made regular roti and I loved them. I served the hot Puran with ghee to Inara and took a small bite (sigh). Quinoa after cooking gives a nice bite and my god I love it. Adding nuts powder and saffron to the Puran is optional, I did not because this was my first time making Puran Polis.
1/4 cup Quinoa
1 tbsp Jaggery
Directions(For qty, refer to the ingredients section)
- Soak the chana dal for 1/2 hour and pressure cook it with minimal water.
- After its cooked drain any excess water.
- In a Pan take 1 tbsp ghee and add the cooked chana dal.
- Mix in and add the jaggery.
- Once the Jaggery melts cook for a further 3 mins and add the cooked Quinoa.
- Let this mixture cook till its dry and thick.
- Let cool completely and keep this in the fridge for an hour.
- Stuff in regular Roti Atta and cook on a Hot Tawa, Slather Ghee and eat with Coconut Milk / Warm Milk.