Quinoa Veggi Pulav
The superfood quinoa is a versatile ingredient in your kitchen and you can make almost anything and everything using it. This quinoa pulao is your perfect lunchbox recipe as it doesn’t dry out like your regular rice pulao does. What’s more, it’s loaded with veggies which make it an apt weight loss food. So if you are shunning your favorite rice pulao, gorge on this healthier alternative!
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 27 mins
1/2 cup Onions, finely chopped
2 tbsp oil
1 cup Mixed vegetables, chopped (you can use carrots, peas, corn, beans or any vegetables of your choice)
1 Bay leaf
1 Cinnamon, small piece
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
1 tsp Garlic, minced
1/2 Ginger, grated
2-3 pods Cardamom
Salt - as desired
Directions(For qty, refer to the ingredients section)
- Heat oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
- After the cumin seeds splutter, throw in the whole spices- bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom.
- Saute them for 15-20 seconds and add the chopped onions.
- Saute the onions for 3-4 minutes and add the ginger and garlic.
- Saute till the mixture is fragrant.
- Add the mixed vegetables and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the quinoa to this mixture.
- Add 2 cups of water and salt and bring it to boil.
- Lower the flame and cook the mixture covered for 4-5 minutes.
- The quinoa would be nice and fluffy by this time.
- Garnish your pulao with coriander leaves or mint leaves and serve.