Oatmeals are a delicious breakfast, but have you tried savoury oatmeal? Here we bring a very unique recipe of steel-cut oats that is easy to make and is super delicious.
2 ½ cups mushrooms, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 and 1/2 cups True Elements steel-cut Oats
salt and pepper, to taste
Toppings, for serving:
Optional: sliced avocado, shaved parmesan cheese, parsley
Directions(For qty, refer to the ingredients section)
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Add the onion, mushrooms, and garlic. Cook for 6 to 7 minutes over medium-high heat, until the onions are slightly golden brown and the mushrooms, are cooked completely.
- Add the steel-cut oats and about 6 cups of water. Once the water boils, reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Let the oats become tender. The mixture will get thick at this stage. Adjust the consistency as per your requirement.
- Add salt and pepper as per taste.
- Top with fried eggs, avocado, parmesan cheese, and parsley.