There are some situations which occur to you all of a sudden, a scenario wherein you lose your temper and panic so much, it creates million negative thoughts on your mind. Have you ever felt sudden hiccups, a sudden burn in the chest, some burning sensation appearing in the stomach and rising up to the throat? These are the normal symptoms of a heartburn, and does not necessarily indicate a heart attack. Although it’s not a heart attack, it’s quite discomforting.
Heartburn, acid reflux, etc are some of the common gastrointestinal problems which are experienced by many people all over the world. These problems are quite common amongst the Indian, thanks to their spicy taste buds and need for consuming spicy delicacies. Apart from the spicy food, there are several other factors associated with heartburn. It happens when the ring muscle, the one which helps in pushing the food inside the stomach, relaxes when it should not. Because of this, the acid from the stomach rises up to the oesophagus and thus gives you a burning sensation rising from the stomach and going towards the throat. While there are several medications available in the stores to treat this disorder, but it’s much better to turn to natural remedies.
Below is the list of natural remedies which will help in treating heartburn:
A Spoon Of Baking Soda:
- A single teaspoon of baking soda or sodium bicarbonate can be very helpful for curing heartburn.
- Sodium bicarbonate consists of a substance which puts the burning sensation to rest.
- The pH level of soda is over 7.0 which neutralizes the stomach acids and thus stops the burning sensation in the stomach, thereby preventing it to rise up to the throat and cause heartburn.
- Take a teaspoon of baking soda and mix it with 8 ounces of water.
- Drink this mixture whenever there is an occurrence of stomach burn.
- Do not consume it on a regular basis since it can have certain side effects.
Apple Cider Vinegar:
- The pH level of Apple Cider Vinegar is around 5.
- For the stomach to have proper digestion, the pH levels should be around 1 or 2.
- Since ACV has a pH level of 5, drinking it can make the stomach more acidic, which improves the digestive system and prevents pressure buildup.
- All you need is 2 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar and 100 ml of lukewarm water.
- Drink this mixture every 5 minutes until the burning sensation vanishes off.
- It is also recommended to drink this mixture beforehand in order to avoid such situations.
Aloe Vera Juice:
- The extracts of Aloe Vera has been used since ages to treat burnt skin or other skin disorders.
- It has the ability to reduce inflammation of the skin as well. Hence, drinking a cup of aloe vera juice can be helpful in reducing stomach inflammation.
- The juice has the ability to soothe the lining of the stomach and thus prevent burning sensation.
- The pH level of lemon juice is 2, which is comparatively higher than that of vinegar. Also, lemon juice is a rich source of vitamin C which is good for the heart.
- Drinking a few teaspoons of raw lemon juice can help in soothing the heartburn.
- If you cannot drink it raw, you can just mix it with a cup of warm water and drink it for 2-3 days.
- This drink makes the stomach more acidic and prevents it to reach up to the throat.
- Ginger has been used by the ancient people since ages for treating various disorders related to stomach and throat infections.
- Ginger possesses several anti-inflammatory properties which are helpful in treating gastrointestinal problems.
- Consumption of Ginger tea is one of the most effective ways to treat heartburn.
- Drink half a cup of ginger tea before meals can help it control in the first place.