This recipe is again in collaboration with True Elements. These Watermelon seeds and pumpkin seeds are super awesome and taste so fresh. However it's difficult to eat them on their own. Pair it with Quinoa Idli, Lentil Idli, Ragi Idli or even Rawa idli. Make a Podi Idli or mix in with Rice and Ghee and you would be in heaven.
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 25 mins
Directions(For qty, refer to the ingredients section)
- To begin making the Podi, first of all, keep a big plate ready.
- In a non- stick pan roast the udal dal and once it is filled with a nice aroma, switch off the gas and transfer to the plate spreading it on one side.
- Similarly, roast the chilies and transfer to a plate.
- Next, add the curry leaves and keep a close watch ensuring that they don’t turn brown. It should get crisp.
- Now heat the pan and switch off. add one seed at a time and transfer to the plate.
- Now add salt and hing to the roasted ingredients and let cool for half hour.
- Grind in the chutney jar to a coarse consistency. Your podi is ready to serve.
- Pair it with Quinoa Idli, Lentil Idli, Ragi Idli or even Rawa idli.
- Sit back and enjoy!