Spicy Quinoa Salad
A tasty, heart-healthy quinoa salad with a spicy kick! This delightful salad is citrusy and light with the tanginess of lime juice and the refreshing taste of fresh coriander. With quinoa and kidney beans in it. This hot yet refreshing salad can sit in the refrigerator for a few hours without deteriorating, so it makes a great choice for bringing to work or to a summer picnic.
Directions (For qty, refer to the ingredients section)
- Cook quinoa in 2 cups of water for 15-20 min until it becomes soft and tender.
- Set the cooked quinoa aside to be cooled. Cook the kidney beans as well and allow it to be cooled.
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, chili flakes, ground cumin, lemon juice, salt, and pepper powder.
- In a deep bowl, add quinoa, cherry tomatoes, kidney beans, onions.
- Toss them gently and pour the dressing over it.
- Add the fresh coriander leaves and toasted pumpkin seeds and toss it again.
- Refrigerate the salad and serve chilled.