Steel Cut Oats Upma
This Delectable oats upma made with True Elements steel-cut oats add the goodness of Fibre and Nutrition to your regular upma. And for all those that don't just like the sweet steel-cut oatmeal, this savory twist to your oats is simply perfect.
1/2 cup Mixed vegetables ( carrot, bell peppers, green peas)
1/2 Ginger, finely chopped
2 Green chili
1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
8-10 Curry leaves
pinch Turmeric powder
1 tbsp Oil
1 ½ cup Water
Directions(For qty, refer to the ingredients section)
- Cook the steel-cut oats in a pressure cooker up to 3-4 whistles. Allow the cooker to cool down.
- In a pan, heat the oil, add mustard seeds and asafoetida powder (Hing). After the seeds splutter, add green chillies, curry leaves, ginger and chopped vegetables.
- Now put salt and turmeric powder and cover the vegetables.
- Add the cooked steel-cut oats and toss them so it mixes. Turn down the heat.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves, and a few drops of lemon juice to add that zing and Enjoy!