Stir-Fried Black Rice with Cranberries
Ever wondered how to incorporate the mystic forbidden rice into your diet? This quirky recipe will surely grab your fancy. A combination of the luxurious black rice, luscious corn, and tangy cranberries makes it a delectable addition to your main course.
Prep: 12 mins
Cook: 21 mins
1 ½ tbsp Olive Oil
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1/4 cup Spring onion greens, chopped
1/2 cup Onion, finely chopped
1 cup corn kernels, boiled
2 tbsp Lemon juice
1 cup Cumin powder
1/4 cup Oregano, dried
1 Thyme, dried (pinch)
2 tbsp Coriander leaves, chopped finely
1/4 cup True Elements Dried Cranberries
1 tbsp True Elements Raw pumpkin seeds
Black pepper powder- as desired
Directions(For qty, refer to the ingredients section)
- Soak the black rice in 2 cups water for about 3 hours before you start cooking. Discard the water and add the soaked black rice in a saucepan with 2 cups water.Simmer the rice over low heat and cook covered for 20-30 minutes.
- If you like your rice to be really soft and tender, you can add an additional ½ cup of water.
- Turn off the flame after the rice is ready. Before the rice is about to be ready, heat the olive oil in another pan and saute the minced garlic over a low flame.
- Add the onions and boiled corn kernels and saute.
- Slowly add the cooked black rice to the pan and increase the heat.
- Add the coriander leaves, dried herbs, cumin powder, lemon juice and dried cranberries.
- Give the mixture a gentle stir and add the dash of salt and pepper powder.
- Add the toasted pumpkin seeds as a topping and serve this amazing dish ready to be devoured.