Strawberry Oats Crumble
A healthy crumble bar, inspired by the apple crumble recipe. We have used fresh strawberries which are very much in season and definitely healthy. We have made these into bars so that they can be easily consumed or carried as a light snack in between meals, something all kids need!
1 tsp Corn Starch
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
1 tbsp Sugar
1 cup True Elements Rolled Oats
1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/3rd cup Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp Ginger Powder
1/4th cup Chopped Nuts
1/4th tsp salt
1/2 cup Melted Butter
Directions (For qty, refer to the ingredients section)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Line a loaf tin with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together strawberries, apples, corn starch, lemon juice, and sugar.
- In another bowl, mix together all the other ingredients for the crumble. The mixture should be slightly wet and form clumps.
- Add half of this above mixture to the tin and spread it evenly.
- Spread the strawberry mixture on top of this and top it with the remaining oats mixture. Press it down firmly.
- Bake this at 180 degrees in the preheated oven for around 40 mins till the top changes color and looks firm.
- Once done, remove it from the oven and let it cool on a cooling rack.
- Once cooled, you can cut it into slices. You can also refrigerate it for a while to firm it up.