Suji Oats Kheer
Be it for babies, adults or senior citizens, a healthy warm bowl of kheer is loved by all, especially when it is topped with crunchy Almonds to add to the taste. But did you know, a bowl of Oats kheer, prepared in a similar way is equally or slightly more nutritious and delicious when made from pure milk? Try out this to relish the rich taste of kheer! It is an easily digestible food for babies and it is preferred as the first food for babies in northern parts of India. Rava can be introduced to the baby from 6 months. This sooji porridge is similar to the sooji kheer recipe minus the addition of dry fruits or nuts.
¼ cup semolina
2 cups milk
Jaggery as per preference
Directions (For qty, refer to the ingredients section)
- Heat milk in a pan.
- Add rolled oats and bring to boil
- Add semolina and stir vigorously
- Add jaggery and cardamom to it as per preference.
- Stir continuously till it is soft and pudding-like consistency.
- Refrigerate for half an hour and serve chilled.