Sunflower Basil Pesto
Basil is an aromatic herb and pesto has a powerful flavour due to its base. Here we bring a unique twist to the traditional pesto by adding sunflower seeds to it.
1/3 cup Sunflower Seeds
2 or 3 Cloves of Garlic
1/3 cup Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
Salt to taste
Directions(For qty, refer to the ingredients section)
- In a mixer jar add basil leaves, garlic, Sunflower seeds, lemon juice and salt in a blender.
- Blend it for about 10-20 seconds.
- Add half of the olive oil and blend it for another 20 secs.
- Check the consistency and adjust as per your taste.
- If you want your pesto more smooth, you can add more oil.
- If you want the pesto more thick/chunky, you can add less oil.