10 Reasons why you should eat Sunflower Seeds
Sunflower seeds are those pretty little white seeds you commonly find on a multigrain bread, trail mixes and in salads. They look slightly similar to watermelon seeds but are very different in flavour. Sunflowers seeds have a nice nutty flavour to it and they enhance the flavour of so many basic foods. Sprinkle some on your basic vegetable salad and enjoy the crunch, make paste of these rich flavourful seeds and use in gravys, sprinkle on smoothie or simply on top of any desserts and you have a dessert rich in flavours and great in crunch.
Sunflower seeds are not only tasty but are also healthy. Packed with goodness of many essential nutrients, these tiny seeds can help you maintain a healthy lifestyle without giving up on tasty snacking.
Here in this article we are going to tell you why sunflower seeds are so good for you?
- Sunflower seeds are packed with healthy fats and have a massive amount of vitamins and minerals.
- A risk of many common health problems, including type 2 diabetes can be reduced by adding sunflower seeds in your daily diet.
- The higher content of vitamin E and selenium act as antioxidants which protect your body from free radicals damage.
- Sprouted sunflower seeds have increased amounts of plant compounds like phenolic acid and flavonoids which also act as antioxidants.
- Eating sunflower seeds daily or at least 5 times a week can reduce inflammation.
- Sunflower seeds have great amounts of unsaturated fatty acids like linoleic acid. This can reduce the risk of high blood pressure thereby reducing the risk of heart diseases.
- Although there are not many studies supporting the belief that sunflower seeds can reduce risk of diabetes, sunflower seeds can lower the blood sugar level partially, because of the chlorogenic acid present in them.
- Sunflower seeds are rich in dietary fibers. They are great for digestion and can control the excessive hunger.
- The linolenic acid also helps in the formation of collagen boosting elasticity of skin.
- The high magnesium content from sunflower seeds can flush out toxins from the body help get rid of the bacteria and detoxifying your body
- 0 Comments