Why Should You Eat Watermelon Seeds?
Generally seen as an impractical disturbance while you’re devouring your juicy watermelon, watermelon seeds are surprisingly highly nutritious. These seeds are low in calories & high in protein. On top of this, when roasted, they’re crispy and are great replacements for your unhealthy snack options.
First, let's go through the nutritional Value of Watermelon Seeds: Low Calories- Being low in calories, a handful of seeds weighing 4gms contains only 23 calories. Magnesium- Magnesium promotes high levels of metabolic activity. Watermelon seeds are magnesium-rich, thus promoting the healthy metabolism of your body. Zinc- The zinc in watermelon seeds helps in boosting immunity, digestion and cell growth. Iron- Watermelon seeds are iron-rich. Good fats- Good fats consist of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids and are useful in preventing heart attack, stroke and lowering cholesterol. A handful of watermelon seeds provide 0.3 grams of monounsaturated fatty acids and 1.1 grams of polyunsaturated fatty acids.
With so much nutrition in it, some even say that watermelon seeds have a few magical properties.
Here are some of the health benefits of Watermelon Seeds:
- Strong Heart and Good Immunity: Magnesium present in these seeds cure hypertension, which in turn makes your heart healthy. Consumption of watermelon seeds in moderate quantities can maintain your blood pressure and give a boost to your heart.
- Prevents Osteoporosis: Osteoporosis is a condition where one might have weak bones and low bone density which increases the risk of fractures. Watermelon seeds boast minerals like copper, manganese and potassium. These minerals are linked with improving your bone density.
- Controls Blood Sugar Level: The black seeds are really helpful in controlling diabetes. They reduce elevated blood sugar levels and are a great snack option for diabetes patients.
- Improves Male Fertility: The zinc present in watermelon seeds is extremely important for the male reproductive system. It can also improve the quality of sperm.
- Boosts Your Energy Levels: Since these black seeds are rich in micronutrients it helps to boost and maintain your energy for a longer period. Watermelon seeds also have protein which helps boosting energy.
- Supports the nervous system: Vitamin B in watermelon seeds helps to keep your nervous system healthy and intact. It can also help with mood disorders.
- Benefits for Hair: Protein, iron and magnesium are the most important nutrients for your hair. Magnesium prevents split ends and protein boosts hair growth. And guess what, watermelon seeds are protein, iron and magnesium-rich.
- Benefits for the Skin: Watermelon seeds, as a snack can be highly beneficial for your hair. It prevents acne outbreak, prevents dullness of your skin and prevents early signs of ageing. Applying the oil of these seeds on your face is also quite beneficial.
- 0 Comments